One of our focuses in 2014 was helping elect conservative folks to the Whatcom County Charter Review Commission. We were very successful and the majority of those elected seem to be conservative.
Now we are in 2015. We have new goals to accomplish and we need your help in getting there. One of those goals is re-establishing equal representation in the form of district only voting.
Here are some thing you can do in order to become more educated and involved in the overall process of Charter Review.
1. Learn about the history of the Charter Review Commission by reading the agendas and minutes from 2005 and 1995. You can find that here.
2. Visit the official website of the Whatcom Charter Review by going here.
3. Know who your commissioners are.
District 1: Todd Donovan, Eli Mackiewicz, Barbara Ryan, Thomas Stuen, Alie Walker
District 2: Ken Bell, Chet Dow, Ben Elenbaas, Joe Elenbaas, Cliff Langley
District 3: Yvonne Goldsmith, Wes Kentch, Richard May, Jon Mutchler, Eileen Sobjack
4. Attend the meetings. The first one is on Monday, January 12, 2015 at 7:00 PM and will be held at the Civic Center Garden Room, 322 N. Commercial Street, Bellingham. The agenda can be found here.
5. Last, but not least, follow this website, Whatcom Charter Review Task Force, and their Facebook page as they have been and will continue to post much pertinent information about the Whatcom Charter Review Commission.